Friday, October 7, 2011

These beautiful days, this golden light

Golden Light in Trees

Benches

Week of September 25, 2011:

Bike: Friday and Saturday

Yoga: Thursday (Morning Flow #1)

Week of October 2, 2011:

Bike: Tuesday and Thursday

Run: Sunday (watchless!)

Yoga: Monday (Heart Opening Flow #1)

Swoop!  Am I really covering a week’s worth of work-outs in one fell swoop?  Why yes, yes I am!  I’ve been pleasantly busy lately, trying to balance my research with some other work happenings (like this—wow) and enjoying the fantastic weather we’ve been having.

It’s been stunningly beautiful here, with cool mornings, warm afternoons, and the loveliest golden light in the evenings.  I love October in Texas.  It’s quite different from October in the Midwest, where the advancing chill of winter makes everyone giddy for cozy things like pumpkins and casserole and steamy mugs of mulled apple cider.  In Texas, we’re still wearing shorts and sandals, but winter squash is popping up in our markets, the good apples are rolling into produce bins, and we begin to think that maybe, maybe, we’ll be able to wear a sweater every once in a while.  Fall in Texas is kind of a tease, but after an unbearably hot summer, we’ll take it, every last minute of it.

Happy Friday, my dears.  I hope your weekend is filled with loveliness and autumn treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment