Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Red Bandana Club

Bike Sign

Red Bandana Club

Cat in Driveway

Tuesday and Wednesday’s Bike Ride Commutes (4/5-4/6/11)

The rumors are true: I am part of a gang.   It’s called the Red Bandana Club.  We ride around Texas on our purple Schwinns, taking pictures of the tough-looking neighborhood cats, looking fierce in our pink sweaters.  Don’t mess with us.  You might get hit in the face with a smile.  Seriously.

On Tuesday evening, I decided to take the long way home, riding along one of my favorite streets in town.  It’s a quiet neighborhood, perfect for a slow, contemplative bike ride as I shrug off the day’s worries and try to shift into my evening routine.  I’ve been feeling really tired these days, for reasons that elude me.  Could it be that my yoga project, rather than invigorating me, is actually exacerbating my end-of-day exhaustion?  I don’t understand it.  I’m sleeping well and eating well, but my energy levels just seem low, which sucks the ambition right out of me.  Am I drinking too much wine?  A glass with dinner hardly seems like too much, but could that be it?  And isn’t that a sad possibility—that my tolerance for alcohol is so low that I can’t even have a glass of wine with dinner?

On a happier note, I have been loving the Iron & Wine songs that are playing on my little grooveshark player.  Many of my newest favorites, the ones I keep repeating, are from The Shepherd’s Dog album, which may be my next purchase from Amazon.  The songs are lovely and mellow, and the fact that I want to keep listening to them keeps me firmly planted at my desk, analyzing data peacefully.  The results from my data analysis are not inspiring me, but at least I’ve got some good tunes to keep me company.

No comments:

Post a Comment