Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Just Riding Along

Monday’s Bike Ride (5/31/10)

Wow, I was very tired on Monday and this easy work-out felt hard to me.  I’m not sure why I felt so tired other than perhaps not getting enough sleep on Sunday night.  Hmm.  I’m still working on that.  I have a coffee habit that sometimes gets in the way of my snoozing.

I rode the bike to and from work today, about 45-50 min. total, I’d estimate.  I got ridiculously sweaty on the way to work—I had to mop myself off thoroughly after I arrived.  (That part’s always fun.)  What was odd, though, is that it seemed pretty damn hot outside when I left work and yet I didn’t get nearly as sweaty.  Perhaps it was a circadian rhythm effect of morning versus evening? 

At any rate, it was nice to get my work-out finished before dinner.  My evening was much more relaxed.  In my home, there is often a conflict between working out and cooking a good dinner; I tend to alternate between the two options after work.  But it always feels good to get the work-out done before dinnertime.

No comments:

Post a Comment