Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Thoughts on Awesome Legwear and the Controversial Subject of Exercising While on Vacation

Same Sky Different Day

Dog Park

Groovy Legwear

 Week of October 30, 2011:

Bike: Wednesday and Saturday

Yoga: Thursday

Walk: All over the place in San Antonio, Sunday through Tuesday.  Around the block on Saturday.

Last week was a non-running week for me because I was too busy walking all over San Antonio with Matt.  We walked to breakfast, we walked to dinner, we walked up and down the river, we walked around the missions.  It wasn’t exactly aerobically challenging, but I went to bed exhausted in the best way possible.

I’m unpredictable when it comes to exercise on vacations.  Typically I exercise less because I’m less stressed out, so I don’t need it as much as I do when I’m working.  But then we have examples like my last visit to Michigan, when JD and I decided to go running together, and I ran in advance of our running date to give my fitness a little boost so that I wouldn’t die trying to keep up with him.  Matt’s no runner, so I had no social reason to run, but he’s a mighty fine companion for strolling, so that works for me.

On Saturday (and sadly without my walking companion!), I took a nice walk around the block before dinner.  It was chilly that day, at least by Texas standards, so I wore some funky legwarmers that I got for free at the shoe store a few months back.  I’ve never thought of myself as a legwarmer person, but they’re kinda fun!  So I wear them on the weekends and they make me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment