Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Do My Feet Look Like a Muppet’s?

Muppet Feet

Week of November 20, 2011:

Bike: Saturday

Run: Thursday and Friday (woot!)

Yoga: My memory fails me…

Week of November 27, 2011:

Bike: Tuesday

Run: Sunday

Yoga: Monday

Oof, I’m woefully behind around here again!  I blame my depressing work news, which I’ve been countering with a lot of running (five miles with a friend on Sunday, woot!), kitchen time, and dancing.  My spirits have been really up and down: most of the time I feel okay, if mildly bummed, but occasionally I have moments when I feel frightened by my impending deadlines and joblessness.  I’m trying to think positively and to focus on what I can do, rather than worrying about the uncertainty of it all.  But still, it’s pretty damn scary.

In other news, cold weather has arrived!  Without the heat on at home, my apartment’s ambient temperature is a chilly 60-something degrees, so I finally caved and turned on the heat.  I also dug into my sock drawer and pulled out the silly socks you see above.  They look like a Muppet’s feet, don’t you think?  But they are really warm and cozy, and I kept them on when it was time to do my strength exercises last night.  Who says Muppets don’t do yoga or push-ups?

3 comments:

  1. I love the fuzzy socks! It sounds like you're handling the stress pretty well. I definitely understand worrying about deadlines and joblessness. I have been there before and might be there again depending on what happens this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, we have so much in common, friend. Perhaps too much, as academics! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and your job in 2012...

    (And it certainly can't hurt to wear some fuzzy socks while worrying about the job, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And my fingers are crossed for you.

    (Fuzzy socks have mystical calming powers.)

    ReplyDelete