Sunday, December 16, 2012

A Weekend Done Well

Branches and Grey Sky

Boots and Fuzzy Things

New Favorite Necklace

{Photos taken on my Saturday afternoon walk}

Week of December 9, 2012:

Monday: DIY yoga

Tuesday: Bike commute

Wednesday: Evening run (20 minutes)

Thursday: Bike commute

Friday: Evening run (30 minutes)

Saturday: Very short bike commute for groceries + Late-afternoon walk

Minutes run this week: 120!  Yee-haw!

Week of December 16, 2012:

Sunday: Long run (80 minutes + some walk breaks)

I’m having a nice weekend over here.  A nice weekend, a quiet weekend, a productive weekend.  I did my usual flurry of cooking, a smidge of cleaning, and a bit of work.  I also took a nap, which was heavenlyHeavenly!  I’m gearing up for what may be a very busy week at work: our grant needs to be submitted and I need to tie up loose ends so I can scoot out of town soon.  I’d like to get some experimental work done, but the grant is top priority this week, so I’ll do what I can as I work with my boss to wrap up our proposal.

But this morning, I had a really nice long run.  My last few long runs have been NOT GOOD because of the heat and my body’s inexplicable rebellion against the heat.  (Dear body, have you forgotten we live in Texas?)  Today was much cooler and a bit wet—we’ve had some rain lately—and though I took it slow and easy, I finally started to feel like a runner again, able to handle 6+ miles without too much struggle.  To be honest, all of my running from now until October 2013 feels like preparation for the marathon, even though right now I am technically training for the Armadillo Dash in March.  With 26.2 in the future, I was feeling dismayed to be struggling with distances that I’ve run many, many times, distances that are 1/4 what I’m expecting myself to run in ten months!  Today, with a solid 80-minute run under my belt, I am feeling more reassured about plans to come.

2 comments:

  1. Hurrah for naps and excellent long runs. I meant to run long today but I slept until 10:00 am!! I can't remember the last time that happened when jet lag wasn't involved. I'm going to try to do 5 tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your fiver! You know, I was so tempted to skip my long run yesterday--I was feeling kinda tired and blah and I didn't get out the door until close to noon. But once I decided I was going to do it, I was so glad I did. Sometimes I think the indecisions in life are ten times harder than getting the job done. I try to remember that when I'm dreading the work I need to do.

      Have a good run today!

      Delete