Monday, February 18, 2013

Postcard

Cafe Beignet_via Christy on FB

Greetings from Café Beignet in New Orleans, Louisiana!  I just spent the weekend there with the lovely women you see up there (that’s me on the far left!).  While there was no running this weekend, there was plenty of running around, from brunch to City Park to the French Market to Café Beignet to the oldest bar in America to a Cajun food diner and into bed.  It was a whirlwind trip that managed to seem much longer than its four days.  While I’m happy to be home again, I already miss my friends, especially that lady on the far right, Christy, who was my running buddy while we both lived in College Station.  She doesn’t live here any more (much to her pleasure and my dismay), but it was so, so fun to see her and the rest of the gang in a city that captured my heart long ago.  We heart New Orleans forever and ever, amen.

I plan to share a catch-up post later this week, so thanks for being patient with me.  If you want a few snippets from New Orleans, you can catch them on my food blog here and here.  And yes, I plan to write several more posts about this trip, which was quite memorable.  I hardly ever get to visit some place new (or some place other than Detroit to see my family), so I intend to milk this trip for all the inspiration it offered.

Have a great week, friends!  I missed you.

PS  I totally stole this photo from Christy’s Facebook page.  Thanks, Christy!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! It looks like you had a blast! I haven't been to New Orleans in way too long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! It was so much fun, but man, those post-New Orleans days are kinda rough :-)

      Delete