Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sunday Night Postcard

More Gorgeous New Orleans

Hello from Sunday night!  I’ve been busy this evening, cooking and getting ready for a Monday morning meeting.  Today I ran for two hours, my last long run before next weekend’s Armadillo Dash half-marathon, and it was a good run—hard but good.

And I owe you, my two blog readers, an apology.  I didn’t have a chance today to write a proper summary for the last two weeks, so tonight, I humbly offer some New Orleans beauty.  This photo was taken along one of the city squares (I forget which one right now), and I just love its balconies and potted ferns.  And its windows and red bricks.  Oh, all right, I concede: I love everything about it.  So pretty!

Tomorrow night I hope to have a chance to write a better update.  For now, it’s off to bed with me.  Have a lovely week, my dears!

3 comments:

  1. It's hard to post regularly, isn't it? I understand, but I'm glad when you come back, and I really like the idea of a virtual postcard - I might have to steal that one!

    Congrats on the two hour run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Posting seems like such a small thing, but I think sometimes it's the sheer NUMBER of things I need to do that overwhelm me. I've been preoccupied with work and some personal stuff and of course running, so the blog hasn't gotten the attention it deserves. The irony, of course, is that I'm getting ready for another race and I feel like I don't have any time to write about my training! Gah :-)

      Yes, steal away! I think a postcard is a nice way to say hello when you are otherwise too busy to write a regular post.

      Delete
  2. When you are doing your reader count, make sure you count me. I don't say much, as I don't run. In fact, I find the concept foreign and baffling, but for some strange reason I enjoy reading about it. I guess that makes three readers!

    ReplyDelete