Sunday, May 26, 2013

Getting Serious (I think?)

Week of May 12, 2013: Lost in the c*h*a*o*s!

Week of May 19, 2013:

Sunday: Off (off to Dallas for a potluck with friends!)

Monday: Evening run (40 minutes)

Tuesday: Noontime run (30 minutes)

Wednesday: Off

Thursday: Late afternoon run (20 minutes)

Friday: Bike ride to campus to be psych experiment subject

Saturday: Evening run (36 minutes)

Total minutes run this week: 116.  (Not too shabby!)

Not much to say tonight as I’m trying to catch up on ye olde running blog here.  But I am happy to report that during a busy-with-friends week I got outside for four runs and almost made my goal of 120 running minutes in a week.  Marathon training officially starts in two weeks, and while I’m not as conditioned as I should be, hopefully my previous distance running experience will soften the blow of my under-preparation.  Or maybe I’ll be howling in pain after the first week.  What will it be?!?  It’s so exciting!

Stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. I am behind on the running blogging myself here lately! I have a feeling that you'll be able to get into the regimen of marathon training pretty quickly. Nice job of getting in some good runs this week!

    I'm totally nosily wondering what kind of psych experiment you were guinea pigging for.... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement, Raquelita! Even with several half marathons under my shoes, it's hard to believe that I'll be ready to cover 26.2 miles in one day. Eek! That's why this pre-marathon-training training started to freak me out a bit.

      Hmm, the psych experiment is not easy to explain. I think the experimenters are trying to understand how temperament/fear of failure shapes decision-making and risk-taking. We did a personality assessment and then a lot of game-type activities, some of which were more fun than others. Some of the games came with the chance to earn more money if you performed well, so there was reward. In one scenario, that reward was coupled with a partner's performance, so they tried to create social pressure for you to do well. (I failed at that game, but Paul figured it out because he paid more attention to the results. Clever boy!)

      Delete
  2. I also believe that you will be able to pick it right back up. You have the right body type and have a strong history of running. Those legs have memory. My training begins in three weeks with my running class, so we should have a fun adventure training together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the vote of confidence! I hope you are right. And I am excited and happy that we'll get to share the adventure of running our first marathons together! How cool is that?

      Delete