Saturday, February 19, 2011

Superbuff

Bike in Tree

Wedges

In Motion

Thursday’s Bike Ride Commute + Short Run (2/17/11)

Don’t worry, my dears: that’s not my bike in a tree.  I don’t know whose bike it is, but seeing a bike caught in that position definitely made my Tuesday!  It’s been up there for a few days, so I suppose that means someone is stuck on two legs instead of two wheels until they figure out how to get it down.

But on Thursday, I was on two legs and two wheels.  First the wheels: I biked to and from work, enjoying another bus-free commute.  I did something a little wild and wore my green wedges for the day.  This was risky for two reasons: I’ve never biked in wedges and these shoes often make my feet hurt by the end of the day.  Serendipitously, it was a breeze to cycle in them and my feet were totally and completely fine at the end of the day.  As I’ve noted before, I’m getting into a habit of wearing fancier shoes about once a week.  It seems like my feet are getting used to wearing heeled shoes because I have much less foot pain than I used to have after a day in these wedges.

After work, I was on two legs again.  I decided to bike and run on Thursday because I had plans on Friday, and I knew I wouldn’t have a chance for a more vigorous work-out.  I tackled a 40-minute run, which turned out to be harder than I thought it would be, but I think I may have been running it faster than usual.  With all of these long runs on the weekend, it’s hard for me to run the weekday run at a slow pace.  I just want to go fast, fast, FAST!  And so I do.  I could feel some soreness in my legs on Friday, which I think is a good thing.  I’m trying to stock up on strength and speediness for the big day.  Since I still have about two weeks until the half-marathon, now is a good time to get my last few quality work-outs before I need to take it easy so that I’ll be in tip-top form.

No comments:

Post a Comment