Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Week Six = Done.

Good-Looking Meal

{Marathon Training = Pasta Meals!}

Marathon Training Week Six (Week of July 15, 2013):

Monday: Off, with some push-ups, crunches, and squats for good measure.

Tuesday: Yoga for the first time in FOREVER!  20 minutes of Gentle Hatha Yoga

Wednesday: Medium walk, ~40 minutes (+/- 5 minutes? I left my watch ticking while I ducked into a store to buy some peanut butter.) 

Thursday: Leisurely walk, ~37 minutes with pitstops for a few purchases

Friday: Leisurely walk, ~37 minutes  

Saturday: Leisurely walk, 50 minutes 

Sunday: Bike ride to Target/Old Navy/HEB 

Total minutes walked this week: 164, or ~8-9 miles?

There’s not much to report here except that it is hot, hot, HOT outside.  I am getting a funny sunburn/suntan pattern on my upper body from walking outside during peak daylight hours.  I know, I know we’re not supposed to do that, but sometimes a person has errands to run, you know?  Errands to run and miles to walk.

I’m going out of order a bit here, but today I got on the treadmill, and it wasn’t half bad.  My brother and his boyfriend gave me a tiny MP3 player for Christmas last year, and with some music in my ears and a 2:1 run:walk ratio on the treadmill, I had a pretty good work-out.  The gym was blessedly cool (74 degrees!), and it was a quick enough work-out that I could handle running in place without feeling like a crazy person.  Plus I got to run.  I haven’t done that in ages—it was fun and novel.

The boyfriend is going to be here for dinner in a few minutes, so I won’t ramble on any more.  I’m feeling kinda down today, so I’m hoping his company will cheer me up.

Happy day to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment