Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sunday Night Postcard

Is There a Goat Behind Me{“Is there a goat behind me?”}

Paul and I just spent the weekend in Austin, and I feel incredibly refreshed and recharged.  We had a wonderful time hanging out with friends, some old and some new.  Among the adventures we had was a visit to Agua Dulce Farm, an urban farm in south Austin.  At the farm, we got to see the hydroponic “beds” (can I call them beds?), the seaweed that Paul’s friend Lewis grows for his company Austin Sea Veggies, and most charmingly of all, the goats.  There was one large brown goat who acted like a tour guide and accompanied us on our tour with Lewis.  The kids were adorable, frisky and fearless.  Here’s one on the porch:

Adorable Kid

We were all completely smitten with them.  They kinda liked us too.

Hi There

There was a lot of petting and laughing as the goats ran around among us.  It was a really wonderful weekend in lots of ways, but the goats may have been the highlight.  They were really special and perhaps even happy to see us.  We were definitely happy to see them!

Have a good week, friends!  I’ll be back later this week with my marathon training update.  Tomorrow night I head out on another 3+ hour work-out—yeehaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment