Friday, July 30, 2010

Spoiled

Just One

Thursday’s Run (7/29/10)

Three in a row!  I got three outside runs in a row!  It’s a miracle!  It’s hot and sweaty!  Still, the stars above me last night, as I trotted up and down my street for ten glorious minutes, were worth every extra drop of sweat that I experienced by NOT jumping on the treadmill.  Sidewalks, I have missed you.

Right now I am not systematically working on speed.  Last night’s run was ten easy-peasy minutes, probably about a mile total, and I feel just as happy running a mile right now as I will feel running ten miles in a few months.  The hard part is always just getting out there and putting one foot in front of the other.  Once I’m moving, I never have any doubt that I’ll finish my run.  The next month of work-outs is going to be very hard because the Texas heat is going to be terrible.  It already exhausts me.  My goal is to make it to the end of August with a solid base of twenty-minute runs under my feet.  And when I reach September, I’ll breathe a sigh of relief: now the fun part can begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment