Thursday, April 5, 2012

Feels Like Spring

Blurry Field of Flowers

A Favorite Side Street

Week of April 1, 2012:

Monday: Yoga

Tuesday: Bike ride commute (with pit stop for groceries)

Wednesday: Short run (25 min.)

Thursday: Bike ride commute

Spring really has arrived: long evenings, wildflowers, seasonal fresh strawberries, mosquitoes, even shorts.  Spring in Texas is more like summer in the northern United States, and I try to soak it all up in anticipation of the indoor season.  It’s been very humid lately, and I even broke down and turned on the air conditioner once before bed because I felt so hot and sticky.  But even with the humidity and the mosquito bites (another first of the season—I got four of ‘em on Tuesday night), it’s been really beautiful.  I’m grateful for it because the outdoors have given me a very convenient escape when I’ve been sitting at my computer for too long, and when I return from a walk, I feel refreshed and ready for some more work.

Happy almost-Friday, my dears!

No comments:

Post a Comment