Wednesday, April 3, 2013

A Wedding by the Sea

With this Ring

Just Married!

LOVE

Week of March 24, 2013:

Sunday: Long run (45 minutes)

Monday: Yoga (20 minutes of Gentle Hatha)

Tuesday: Bike commute to work

Wednesday: Bike commute to work and HEB

Thursday: Evening run (20 minutes)

Friday: Evening run (30 minutes)

Saturday: Off to Port Aransas to see Erin get married!

Total minutes run this week: 95.  (Not too shabby, eh?)

Today I’m up in the wee hours of Wednesday morning, having put myself to bed at 7 PM last night to ease my headache and tiredness.  I just finished filling out my 1040 form for 2012’s taxes (woot!) and thought I’d pop in over here before (perhaps) putting myself back to bed.

There isn’t much to report on the fitness front other than to say that this month, it’s time to get back into gear with running to build that all-important base before marathon training begins in June.  More exciting than that is the wedding I attended over the weekend in south Texas: Erin and Cy got hitched!  That’s the two of them up there in the photos; our friend Sam officiated the wedding and did a bang-up job at it.  The wedding was super fun, and I even had a date after all!  Serendipity had Mr. Right Now also in south Texas for Easter weekend, so he crashed the wedding and we got to spend the evening together.  There was a ceremony on the beach, a few tears, and a seaside breeze that took off with part of Sam’s notes for the ceremony.  There was cake, and dancing, and a few injured toes, and a late-night drive into Corpus Christi just for the fun of it.  There was very little sleep but lots of memories made.  And there was, of course, a new dress and some silver shoes.

Me in New Dress_cropped and rotated

Shamefully, I don’t have a better picture to share with y’all!  I took this one in the hotel room before we left for the wedding.  I ended up feeling super happy with this outfit.  My silver shoes, unfortunately, succumbed to humidity and/or age and fell apart by the end of the evening.  Does anyone know of a good brand of glue that works well for shoes?

Also, hey!  I got my hair cut and now it is really short.  I love it.  You can’t see it very well in that photo, so I’ll try to share a better one soon.  I feel like I’ve barely had time to blog, let alone take the photos that I’d like to have for my posts, and a good photo for the new hair is long overdue.

How has your week been, friends?

(PS  I’ve missed you!)

6 comments:

  1. You look lovely! I can't believe the shoes wore out before your feet did. Sounds like a perfect weekend, in spite of your wardrobe malfunction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laurie! Yes, the shoes died by the end of the night, but I wasn't even at the wedding reception any more. I just wore my flip-flops into the hotel and that was that.

      Still, it would be lovely if I could just repair them...so we'll see :-)

      Delete
  2. That dress looks great on you! A fine choice. And yes to more photos of your new haircut, please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chrissy! And I will work on the photo situation this week...you know how it goes with blogging: the more life you're living, the less time you have to share it on a blog! ;-) This weekend should be more relaxing, and that's when I feel like I have time to spend on internet hobbies.

      Delete
  3. Lovely photos of the wedding! Cake and dancing at such celebrations trump training every time. :) I definitely want to see more of this new haircut of yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee! I agree: sometimes you've just got to celebrate, training and sleep be damned. And yes, a haircut picture is coming up soon!

      It was a beautiful wedding for a beautiful couple. I can take no credit at all for the photos--Erin and Cy did all the work! I just pushed a button on my camera.

      Delete