Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sweating It Out

Wednesday’s Bike Ride (5/26/10)

Here in central Texas, summer is now ending and we are entering the season that I affectionately call hell.  This is my first summer in Texas, and I’ve been bracing myself for it ever since I decided to move here.

So far, it’s been manageable.  It is HOT.  I’m spending less time outside because the sun is really intense.  In the shade, or when the sun goes down, the temperature is actually quite nice.  But the sun is killer.

I don’t want to spend all my time inside from now until September.  I need to get outside at least a little bit each day.  And I hate the idea of not riding a bike outside for the next three months.  On Wednesday of last week, I rode the bike to and from work for a total of about 45 minutes.  It was an easy but sweaty ride.  I got to work with big drops of sweat rolling down my legs, so I mopped myself off before heading into the lab to start my work day.  At some point, I imagine I’ll start bringing a change of clothing with me to work when I ride the bike.  The sweating is only going to get worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment