Saturday, September 25, 2010

Before I Pass Out

Friday’s Yoga (9/24/10)

I’ve got a lingering cold which has turned me into that annoying person who clears her throat every five minutes.  Generally, I feel okay, but my body is craving more sleep.  Since I returned from Michigan, I have had two early morning call times, so my sleep debt remains unpaid.  In an effort to get back into the exercise groove, I did some yoga last night, my first time doing more than five minutes of yoga in many days.  I missed my yoga!  But between biking and getting ready to go out of town, the idea of trying to squeeze one more thing into my day felt like it might suffocate me.

Now things can return to normal, which means yoga a few times a week.  Sleep was pressing down on me last night, but I stayed awake long enough to do Gentle Hatha Yoga #1, that much-loved and much-practiced favorite of mine.  It was a good choice for yoga after a long absence.  During downward-facing dog, I could feel the tightness in my legs.  During mountain pose, I could feel my body remembering what it felt like to stand tall and steady, arms straight up in the air, breath flowing in and out of my lungs.  It felt great.

You know what else felt great?  Waking up this morning without an alarm clock, and dozing in and out of sleep before my belly decided that it was time for breakfast.  Then, after breakfast, I had the pleasure of re-reading some of my friend Ammie’s old posts (I especially like her post about scheduling free time—she has such a way with words and ideas) and looking at some gorgeous photos on the blue hour.  I created a folder on my computer labeled “Autumn” and bookmarked this lovely post.  That first photo is, to me, so quietly, perfectly autumn.  I need more leaves and books in my life.

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment