Sunday, September 26, 2010

I Can Take a Hint

The Rain Came Down in Buckets

Reflection

Saturday’s Yoga (9/25/10)

I had the best of intentions to go for a run yesterday.  Really, I did!  But the truth is that I’m still not feeling like myself yet.  This cold is clinging to me and making me lethargic and sleepy.  When it started to rain cats and dogs and goats outside, I took the hint and moved my work-out plans indoors, in particular, to my living room.

I allowed myself an ambitious yoga session: the entire work-out in Crunch’s Fat Burning Yoga video.  Usually I do the first 20 minutes of this video and call it a day; I’m not into really long yoga work-outs.  But today, I felt motivated and inspired, even with my cold.  My one mistake: not turning on the air-conditioner.  The living room was hot and humid, and more than once I felt a little dizzy and sick from the steaminess.  But I persevered, stretching and lunging and toning my abs as I was instructed to do.  I’m glad I finished the work-out, but I was relieved when it was over.  I could have fallen asleep during the final savasana.  In fact, sleep sounded like such a good idea at that point that I decided to take a nap after yoga.  I woke up feeling much better.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're feeling better. I came home with a cold after my trip to the homeland too. Gotta love family. They're so willing to share: food, stories, love, germs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Laurie! The irony here is that I was sick before I left Texas, so if anyone is guilty of sharing too much, it's me.

    ReplyDelete