Wednesday, November 24, 2010

She Runs, She Bikes, She Wears Swishy Pants

Fall_Texas Style

Bike with Flowers

I Wear Swishy Pants

Saturday’s Run and Bike Ride Commute + Sunday’s Bike Ride Commute (11/20-11/21/10)

Oof, I’m still feeling a bit under the weather, but what can I do but blog when it’s 12:30 AM and I’m not sleepy because I slept for 3.5 hours immediately after coming home early from work?  On an unrelated note, today is my birthday, which is awesome.  For my birthday, I’d like my health to be fully restored, please.  I have Thanksgiving cooking to do, followed by Thanksgiving eating.

My weekend ended up being packed with too much to do and not enough time, but I think I made the most of it.  On Friday night, I canceled my exercise plans to spend some time with a friend.  We took a moonlit stroll after work, ate Asian take-out, and talked until I turned into a pumpkin at 11 PM.  It was a good night.  On Saturday, I doubled up on the exercise, in part because I hadn’t run in so long that I felt like I needed to run.  I did a 20-minute run down to the hippie food store, going past the store and doubling back to get my full 20 minutes.  Then I bought butter and onions and starting getting excited about the quiche I’m making for Thanksgiving: Mollie Katzen’s Gruyere Quiche with Golden Onions and Red Pepper, from Sunlight Cafe, one of my very favorite cookbooks ever.  (Her Autumn Frittata from the same chapter on eggs is really, really good too.  I should get around to sharing that one, and my adaptation of it, on my food blog at some point.)

The run was good—just another short training run at my normal pace.  On Saturday and Sunday, I did the bike ride commute to campus to take care of some lab work.  Saturday’s ride was fine, but Sunday’s was not very pleasant.  The wind was ridiculously strong, and I was feeling rather tired.  I think I was already starting to get a little sick over the weekend, and my energy levels fell on Monday and Tuesday.  But somehow, and this is totally crazy, I still managed to do a long run on Monday, which I’ll share later this week.  Body of mine, you are quite resilient, but sometimes you have to have things your way.

I’m starting to feel sleepy again, so I think it’s off to bed with me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment