Thursday, November 4, 2010

Shoots Leaves, or What I Wore While Running

A Favorite Running Tee

Treasure

Darkness

Wednesday’s Run (11/03/10)

I find myself feeling sad that summer’s long sunny days are fading into dark autumn evenings.  In theory, I love fall and all its treats, and the onset of darkness just reminds us to seek the light whenever we can.  But it also means the end of good photography light after work, which means I’ll be moving my Feels Like Flying photography operation indoors more frequently than I would like.  My camera is not a good dim-light camera, and I just refuse to use a flash.

At least the cool weather gives me an excuse to wear one of my favorite long-sleeved t-shirts, one with a pretty leafy design that I’ve had for ten years.  I wore this shirt over a long-sleeved thermal shirt on Wednesday because it was pretty nippy outside, especially with the wind.  I also wore running tights (not pictured), which was nice because my legs always feel cozy and fast in running tights.  I ran a strong 30-minute run, and it felt great.  I contemplated running a 50-minute long run because I wasn’t sure if I’d be able to do my long run on Sunday (November 7), but my schedule changed a bit and I think I’ll be able to fit the long run into Sunday’s plans, which will largely consist of hanging out with one of my favorite people, saying good-bye to that person (and trying not to cry too much), and finishing my preparations for lab meeting on Tuesday.  A long run might be just the thing I need to distract myself from thinking about someone’s absence too much.

One of the things I love about half-marathon training is how the long runs start to make any shorter runs feel so easy (unless you’re doing speedwork—that’s a different animal altogether).  Running 30 minutes was fast and fun on Wednesday…because it wasn’t 40 minutes.  And soon, after running an hour or longer in one shot, a 40-minute run will sound leisurely.  I’m not there yet, but I know I will be soon, and I’m looking forward to it.

Until then, I’m looking forward to a weekend of good wine and the company of a good man.  Have a good weekend, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment