Wednesday, August 24, 2011

August, You Win

Incredible Light

Week of August 21, 2011:

Bike: Sunday

Run: Monday

Yoga: Not yet…

Oh dear.  We’ve passed some sort of heat tolerance level for me, so I’m trying to stay indoors this week.  Normally I bike at least twice a week to work during the Monday-Friday workweek, but this week, the bus seems so much more comfortable and sane, knowing that it will be 100+ degrees outside when it’s time for me to go home.  August, you win!  I surrender! 

I’ve spent so much time on the bike this summer that I don’t really miss it, at least not yet, but I may decide to ride to work again before Saturday.  We shall see.

On a lighter note, on Monday I hopped on the treadmill for my 20-minute long run, and it was terrific!  I’m happy to be running again, even if it’s in place on a machine.  I didn’t have control of the tvs during this work-out, and playing on one of the televisions was an old episode of Sex and the City.  I’m not sure what this says about me, but all I could think as I watched was, Wow, Carrie is a crazy woman.  I actually felt sorry for Big as he tried to talk to her about how he was seeing other women, but she was too busy going crazy about the fact that he was SEEING OTHER WOMEN!  How dare he!  Listen up, Carries of the world: if you want him to be exclusive with you, you need to speak up.  It’s not fair for you to expect him to read your mind.  And don’t act like a pouty, jealous child.  That act may work for a short time, but over the long haul, it’s really unattractive behavior.

(Okay, I’m stepping off my soap box now.  Hope you are all having good weeks!)

No comments:

Post a Comment