Thursday, August 25, 2011

Grace, in the Form of Raindrops

Rain Off the Patio Roof

Rain Finally

Rain with Bike Tire

Week of August 21, 2011:

Bike: Thursday

Yoga: Wednesday (Gentle Hatha Yoga #2)

Just when I’d given up on the bike for this week, we get rain!  Buckets and buckets of rain!  It was like two months’ worth of rain, coming down in one evening rainstorm.  I ate dinner, listening to the sweet slapping of raindrops against the roof, watching the deluge form rivers.  I walked outside and raised my face to the sky, savoring the feeling of water splashing against my face.  It was glorious.

This morning, it rained intermittently and everything was suffused with a soft blue light.  Clouds hid the harsh August sun from sight, and thought it was humid, the temperature was so pleasant that I knew I had to take advantage of it by getting back on the bike.  I rode to work slowly, even though I was already late.  This cool weather, I knew, was only temporary.  It was only a matter of time before it would be scorching hot outside again.  I rode through the quiet neighborhoods, feeling absolutely, perfectly peaceful.  I spotted a blue jay in a tree.  I slowed down and hopped off my bike, hoping to take a photo, but the blue jay fluttered away.  I rode on.

I’m feeling like maybe I can make it to September after all.  Just six more days…

No comments:

Post a Comment