Saturday, August 13, 2011

Feeling Fit but Flattened

By day…

Sunshine Peaking Through Trees

Cloudy Saturday Morning

…and by night.

Full Moon with Leaves

Feets at Night

Week of August 7, 2011:

Bike: Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday

Run: Monday

Yoga: Tuesday (Morning Flow #1); Thursday and Friday (DIY Pajama Yoga, the best kind!)

Whoosh! It’s been a crazy busy week over here, and I have so much work ahead of me in the next few days.  I’m feeling a little flattened by the sheer volume of activity this week, but at least some of that activity has been honest-to-goodness exercise and not just running around like a headless chicken.

The fitness highlights of my week were my treadmill run on Monday and my yoga sessions.  On Monday, I pounded out an 8:30 mile on the treadmill, with a warm-up and cool-down done at 9:05/mile, which is my normal pace.  I was rather pleased to see that I could even run a whole mile at 8:30, as I am not exactly in tip-top running shape right now.  I am in hardcore biking shape, but it’s hard for me to tell how that fitness transfers to the treadmill.

I’ve been keeping up with a more frequent yoga practice, which is doing wonders for my peace of mind.  For my pajama yoga sessions, I’m even rolling out the mat now because it just feels better to do yoga on a mat rather than on carpet.

There is, however, one goal that I’m not going to reach this week: a 20-minute run on the treadmill.  I biked four times this week, three of which were my daily commute to the lab, and I think my legs need rest today, not a run.  If I hadn’t made plans with myself to do an experiment this morning, I’m sure I would have run, but alas, right now work comes first in my life.  Tomorrow will be a better day for the treadmill, so that’s my plan.

How are your fitness adventures going, dear readers?  Tell me about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment