Tuesday, June 19, 2012

You Know You’ve Been Running a Lot When…

…you do laundry just to wash your socks.

…taking only one shower a day feels like an unusual treat.  (Or maybe this is just me, running in the heat of a Texas evening?)

…you feel a cramp in your foot and feel panic.  Will I be able to run my race?!?

…you look at the food in front of you and think, Mmm.  Running fuel!

…you think about your upcoming 10K race and think, Why did it take me 12 years of running to sign up for a 10K?  10K is an awesome distance!  Long enough to feel like you aren’t sprinting the whole thing and short enough to feel fast.  I think I’m going to like the 10K.

…you find yourself daydreaming about your next run.  That, I think, is when you know it’s love.

How do you know when YOU have been running a lot, my fellow runners?

No comments:

Post a Comment