Saturday, March 9, 2013

Rested, Recovered, and Ready for What’s Next!

New Blossoms

Another Feathered Friend

Another Turtle-Spotting

Week of March 3, 2013:

Monday: Full rest (post-race recovery)

Tuesday: Bike commute to work and HEB for dinner fixins

Wednesday: Off (off making calzones for dinner!)

Thursday: Bike commute to work

Friday: Evening run (30 minutes)

Saturday: Bike ride for errands (more groceries—you know how it goes around here)

Total minutes run this week: ~143.  (Sunday’s half-marathon plus Friday’s run)

Well, well, well!  Look who’s back in full-blogging action!

(Hi!  That would be me.)

My beloved Dell laptop returned home today.  Its arrival was earlier than expected—the powers that be were estimating Monday as the return date, but on a whim this afternoon, I stopped by the leasing office to inquire about my package, and lo!  They had it!  I was delighted.  We are so happy together.

In other happy news, it’s been a good post-race week in the fitness realm.  I gingerly got on the bike for a Tuesday commute, and you know what?  It was fine.  I felt fine.  I pedaled my way to work and felt very little in the way of lingering soreness or fatigue from Sunday’s race.  This week has been my best post-half-marathon recovery week ever: the only time I was really bothered by any post-race issues was when I tried to walk down stairs, which are always, always the worst kind of movement after a race.  That, and trying to sit down on a toilet.  (TMI?)

Since then, I’ve done another two bike rides and a short run, and everything feels good.  I daresay that I’m ready to return to business as usual in the running domain!  Other good things this week: awesome homemade calzones, a lovely evening out with friends at the wine depot, a small research-related epiphany, a good canned tomato sale at HEB today (it’s the little things, people), and the feeling that you know what?  Things are going to be okay.

I can just feel it.

Happy weekend to you!  Race report from Sunday’s half-marathon coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment