Monday, October 4, 2010

As Seen Around Town

Rocky

I Walk

Yes Please!

Sunday’s Bike Ride, Monday’s Pain (10/03-10/04/10)

Oh, goodness.  I am hurting today.  Really, really hurting, to the point where I don’t want to reach for things because of the pain.  Oy.  The source of my pain is the unexpected strength training I did while lugging this snazzy computer desk from someone’s curb to my apartment.  My back, my neck, and my arms are all aching, and all I can think is, tomorrow will be better, right?

Yesterday was supposed to be fairly light as far as exercise goes, just my normal 7-mile bike ride to and from work.  Easy-peasy by now, right?  And it was.  I would be totally fine today if I hadn’t been possessed to pluck heavy furniture from the street curb.  But I don’t regret my decision, even with the pain today, because I really like my new desk.  It filled an empty spot in my apartment, gave me another spot to display pictures, and gave me a bookshelf.  And the price couldn’t be beat, though one could argue that the price of these sorts of things is the labor you put into dragging them home and cleaning them up. 

Today is a rest day for me.  I left work a bit early because I was so sore and because I had errands to run, errands that I didn’t get done yesterday because I was too busy working.  (Oh, the irony.  Also, all the photos above are from my snail-paced shopping trip.  Plus it was gorgeous outside, and I wanted to linger in the beautiful fall evening.)  I went to the coffee shop and picked up a new bag of beans that smell like dirt and chocolate; I can’t wait to try them tomorrow morning.  I also went to Albertson’s to buy food, where I cursed myself for buying heavy items like milk and cranberry-strawberry juice.  But it wasn’t too bad walking home with my groceries, and now I’m all set for a few days of good eating.  On the cooking agenda this week: fresh pumpkin puree, a spicy tomatillo and hominy stew, and a batch of brownies that came out of the oven about 30 minutes ago.  Oh yes, somehow I found the strength to bake tonight.  Nothing stands between me and my chocolate.  Not even back, neck, and arm pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment