Thursday, October 21, 2010

I Ride Home

The Sun Sinks Down

Tuesday’s Bike Ride (10/19/10)

Inspired by S. of the lovely blog Simply Bike, I’ve been trying to make more of my weekday commutes two-wheeled affairs.  It’s still quite warm down here, but it’s very pleasant compared to what we had in August and September, so I feel that I have no excuses not to ride the bike as much as I can.  The evening ride home is becoming one of my favorite parts of the day.  I leave the lab happy that my work for the day is done, and I feel the fresh air on my skin and speed under my tires.  The evening light casts long shadows, and I look forward to a dinner eaten at my own table, with real dishes and flatware, as opposed to the work lunches I eat out of plastic containers and Ziplock baggies.  It’s always good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment