Tuesday, August 3, 2010

DIY

Monday’s Yoga (8/02/10)

Ooh, a most unusual morning post here at Feels Like Flying!  I should be flying around, getting ready for work, but I’m already late and I feel confident I’ll get all my tasks done even if I spend 15 minutes blogging before getting out of my pajamas.  Hope springs eternal!

I like to do yoga on the day after my “long run” day.  On Sunday, I put in my 20 minutes on the treadmill, so Monday was a yoga day.  Unlucky for me, yogadownload.com’s website was down last night, so no yoga class for me!  Plan B was a DIY yoga class where I do all my favorite yoga moves on my own with no instructor guiding me.  I’ve been doing yoga for a long time now, so I feel like I have a pretty good sense of how to guide myself through a decent yoga session, though I admit that I enjoy letting someone else do the thinking for me so I can just listen, breathe, and move.

Last night’s yoga featured a lot of downward-facing dogs and warrior positions, all of which I think are great for legs and arms.  I worked a little bit on some of the balance-focused positions, like tree pose and this crazy pose where you balance on one leg while holding the other out in front of you or to the side of your body.  Yikes, that one is hard!  But I like that it’s hard because it’s a challenge.

Out of curiosity, I tried to time my DIY yoga last night, but I pushed the wrong button on my timer and instead of timing myself, I set the timer for one minute and then set it aside.  Whoops!  Oh well.  Better luck next time, Yogi Rosiecat.

And now I’m off to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment