Friday, August 20, 2010

In Yoga as in Life

Wednesday’s Yoga (8/18/10)

The yoga streak continues with a round of Gentle Hatha Yoga #1.  Hatha #2 still isn’t playing on my computer!  I always find it ironic when technical difficulties get in the way of my yoga.  Don’t I deal with technical difficulties all day at work?  Don’t I deserve a break when it’s time to do yoga?  Doesn’t it go against the spirit of yoga to be annoyed by computer snafus?  Sometimes I just turn off the computer and go freestyle, which can be very refreshing.  But most of the time I think I prefer the structure of a class.

I’ve done this class at least a dozen times, and it never fails me.  The pace, the instructions, the soothing voice—I feel like I could do this class four times a week and not get tired of it because I feel so good afterward.  In the interest of not falling into a rut, I try to mix up my work-outs, but I return again and again to Gentle Hatha Yoga #1.

I noticed that my focus during class seems to have returned, continuing the trend from Tuesday night.  I’m glad that even though I feel stressed about work, I think my stress is fading faster after I’ve left work for the day, and I haven’t been worrying obsessively quite as much as I was earlier this week.  I’m still very nervous about the future, but in yoga as in life, I’m trying to take it one day, one move, one breath at a time.  And I know that these things have a way of working themselves out, so there’s no sense of making myself miserable trying to solve every problem at once.  One thing at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment