Sunday, August 15, 2010

Such a Treat

Saturday’s Bike Ride (8/14/10)

I was on the bike by 8:30 AM on Saturday morning, pedaling my way to campus for a work meeting.  Getting out the door that early any day is hard; I made it easier by minimizing my grooming and throwing on work-out clothes.  Normally I like to look nice and dress up a little at work, but I think on Saturday, nobody cares what you wear.  The rules of dress on suspended on the weekend!

It had been a while since I’d had a nice, long bike ride.  I think my last long bike ride was motivated by shopping in July.  And this post, Just Riding Along, is the last written record I have of any bike-riding.  All of this is to say that I’ve missed the bike!  Being able to ride on Saturday morning turned out to be such a treat that it didn’t matter where I was going or how sweaty I got on the way there.  It was glorious!  I’d estimate it was about 25 minutes of biking to campus.  On the way back, I picked up my weekly groceries from the best little hippie food store in town, Brazos Natural Foods, then biked my way back home with meal provisions.  I love doing errands on a bike; it makes them so much more fun.  Except when it’s raining.  It’s not as much fun then.  But if we got rain, I would not complain.  Come on, clouds!  Come on over to College Station, Texas!

No comments:

Post a Comment