Monday, August 30, 2010

Weekend Rider

A Good Ride

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday Bike Rides (8/26-8/29/10)

Having a bike to ride is really, really great.  A bike makes commuting so much more fun, especially when work calls to me on the weekends and experiments demand my attention.  Having a bike to ride to and from the lab somehow makes the whole working weekend thing much more pleasant.  I swear, on Saturday mornings, when I’m riding to campus at 8 or 9 AM, I feel so good and so clean despite all the sweat pouring out of my skin.  It’s almost spa-like, this feeling that I get.  Maybe it’s because of the sweat!

My bike commute is about 25 minutes each way, so if you add it up, I spent more than two hours pedaling around town this weekend.  I haven’t done that much bike-riding in a long time, and my legs held up pretty well.  I started to feel some fatigue on the way home from campus on Saturday, and on Sunday I rode slowly and easily because my legs were tired.  Tonight, the night after my triple dose of weekend riding, I’m taking it easy—I may do some yoga or some Pilates, but the legs get to rest.  They’ve earned it.

No comments:

Post a Comment