Wednesday’s Run (8/11/10)
Tonight I resisted the siren’s song of dinner right after work. Instead, I went to the gym and did a short but intense running work-out on the treadmill. I was feeling frisky for something a little challenging; speedwork sounded perfect to me. I did an interval work-out that went like this:
* 5 min. walking warm-up
* 5 min. running, 9:05 pace
* 1 min. running, 7:03 pace (begin the speedwork!)
* 2 min. running, recover at 9:05 pace (whew!)
* 2 min. running, 7:03 pace (oh goodness, don’t die! Focus, lady, focus!)
* 2 min. running, recover at 9:05 pace (oh thank you, I can breathe again)
* 1 min. running, 7:03 pace (Last one! You can do it!)
* 5 min. running, 9:05 pace (wow, I’m tired. Pant pant pant)
* 1 min. slow jog to cool down (13:something pace—very slow)
* 5 min. walk to cool down (ooooohhhhh….)
The total time on my watch at the end was 27:something and I got a great mid-week work-out done. I find these work-outs are the hardest to do because they are squeezed between so many other things—work, dinner, chores at home. Not to mention my obligatory tv-watching.
Tonight it looked like we might get rain, but all we got was a spittle. We need rain. It is so unbelievably hot down here. But at least the sunset was pretty.
Click on the photo above to see a larger version in Flickr! I think it looks better that way.