Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Injury Report

It's a Plane!

Is It a Nest

Monday’s Long Run (1/03/11)

Whee, another long run done and seven more to go!  I’m getting excited to get this race on the road, which means getting all my miles under my feet before March 6.  On Monday night, I did my first 70-minute run, and it went well!  I was a bit nervous about it because I took two weeks off between long runs for my Christmas break, so I worried that 70 minutes was going to be painful and slow.  But it was a good run that went pretty smoothly.  I did experience some tightness in my knees for the second half of the run, but the tightness loosened up as soon as I stopped running.  Other than that, my legs felt good and my lungs had an easy job.  I didn’t push the pace, but I tried to keep it even once I was warmed up and running with a good stride.

On the injury front, I’m happy to report that I remain blissfully injury-free.  Last night I had what felt like a possible blister on my right foot, but upon closer inspection, I saw no blister, just some chafing.  I’m a little sore tonight, particularly in my butt and my back.  It is the type of soreness that you notice, but it doesn’t slow you down.  All in all, I’m feeling pretty good about the next 70-minute run, which will probably happen next Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment