Friday, January 21, 2011

Sunset, Moonrise

Trees and Clocktower

Sunset through the Bus Window

Thursday’s Run (1/20/11)

Yesterday’s weather was freakishly cold for Texas, which means it felt like a typical January day in the Midwest: bitingly cold, the kind that makes your hands hurt inside their gloves.  The kind that makes you silently cuss every time a bus comes around the bend but it isn’t your bus.  Of course, it also happened to be the day I decided to wear heels (because I think this looks glamorous—that whole mixing of men’s and women’s wear), and by the end of the day, my feet were hurting and they were cold.  I couldn’t wait to get home.

We had a gorgeous sunset, which you can see above, and by the time I set off on my short run, we had a beautiful moonrise, the kind where the moon looks like a giant, golden wheel of cheese, just hanging in the sky like someone hung it up there.  It was enormous as it rose, but it got smaller as it climbed higher and higher in the sky.  I ran for an easy 23 minutes, doing a shortened version of my favorite running loop.  Though it was difficult to get out the door because of the frigid temperatures, I bundled myself up very well and once I was moving, it was nice to be outside.  The air was crisp, the moon was full, and I had the pleasure of running outside.  With all of these long, long runs I’m doing now, it feels like a treat to go out for my short runs because they are so easy by comparison.  I’ve got another long run on the calendar for Sunday, but on the in-between days this week, it’s been all bike rides and an easy run.  I have no complaints, not even about the cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment